- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Robotics Software Support Engineers
Company: Kiva Systems
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Boston, MA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Sharon Goh
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Contact us at email@example.com.
- Website: http://www.kivasystems.com
Kiva Systems is an Amazon.com company experiencing exceptionally high growth! Kiva uses game-changing robotic technology for distribution centers, which helps companies simplify operations and reduce costs while increasing strategic flexibility. Using hundreds of autonomous mobile robots and sophisticated control software, the Kiva Mobile-Robotic Fulfillment System enables extremely fast cycle times with reduced labor requirements, from receiving to picking to shipping.
We are seeking exceptional candidates who possess a blend of technical and customer-facing skills to successfully support the Kiva Systems solution. This job will require a unique combination of flexibility, troubleshooting, creativity, leadership skills and drive. As part of this highly visible team candidates have the opportunity to work cross functionally with multiple teams within Kiva to contribute to the continuous innovation of the Kiva system.
A successful candidate will have a consulting aptitude, strong ownership, passion and love for software troubleshooting and customer-facing skills.
- Collaborate with Software Engineering teams to problem-solve critical software production issues
- Work with Fulfillment Center (FC) Operations team to provide technical guidance and troubleshoot operational challenges
- Create technical troubleshooting documentation such as SOPs, TSBs, Knowledgebase articles, Best Practices from common production issues
- Develop new software tools and scripts to resolve issues timely, effectively and efficiently
- Execute technical tasks, such as software upgrades
- Develop training documentation and mentor other team members
- BS degree in Engineering or Computer Science is required; MS degree is desirable
- Strong knowledge and working experience with Relational Database Management System, like SQL, MySQL, Oracle
- Deep understanding and working experience with UNIX/Linux fundamentals
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills is a must
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a fulfillment or logistics environment is a plus
How to Apply: Online: Go to http://www.kivasystems.com/careers-at-kiva/ and apply or come to our infosession: In Person: Kiva systems info session When: Wednesday, April 2nd, 5 PM - 6 PM Where: Student Success Center, SSC President's Suites C and D Free Food!!!