- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: Cisco Systems
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Austin, TX
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Shiva Persaud
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.cisco.com
Cisco Advanced Security Initiatives Group (ASIG)
Security Researcher Position
Do you enjoy finding flaws in mission-critical systems? Do you like designing mitigations to thwart motivated and resourceful adversaries? If you have a passion for computer security, enjoy solving difficult problems, and relish working with emerging technologies, Cisco wants you! Global ISPs, Fortune 100 companies, and world governments all depend on Cisco for critical infrastructure and we want the best and the brightest at work ensuring that we keep delivering rock-solid solutions to meet their needs.
At Cisco you'll work on cutting edge security solutions and gain experience in the latest technologies. Cisco has a diverse spectrum of skills and experience levels doing work that is vital to the security of Cisco products.
Our security team is dynamic, talented, fun, and energetic, and the work is done in a very casual environment. Additionally, there is a mentor program to surround you with security professionals and resources to get you up to speed.
Some of the desired skills as well as those you'll have a chance to develop at Cisco are:
- Software vulnerability assessment, fuzzing, and code coverage analysis
- Penetration testing using a variety of tools
- Reverse engineering
- Custom exploit development
- Applied security concepts
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging
- Cryptographic algorithm design and review
- Operating system fundamentals and secure configuration
- Virtualization platforms and techniques
- Network protocol analysis and debugging
- Web application security
- Web protocols and basic web development
- Secure development practices
- Application development using a variety of languages
Some of the benefits of working for Cisco are:
- Competitive starting salary including health, dental, vision, ESP, and more
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Comfortable dress code
- Independent and team research of advanced topics
- Opportunity for voluntary participation in CTF events
- Home and work life balance
- Accumulate 4 weeks PTO per year starting day 1
- Collaborative training sessions
- Cisco-funded trips to security conferences
Additional Job Requirements:
- Qualified candidates must be willing to relocate
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the work this position will perform and the government customers with which the role will work
For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
How to Apply: Apply online at https://www.cisco.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=960243&CurrentPage=1 or email Shiva Persaud directly @ email@example.com.