- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Maris Allison
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Maris Allison UPS Talent Acquisition Recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.upsjobs.com
The Senior Business Information and Analysis (BIA) Programmer Analyst will help BIA to organize data and information, perform or enhance decision support, and analyze and guide knowledge creation and transfer to enable UPS to better respond to dynamic and changing business conditions. He/She will accomplish this via rapid application development with C++ and Oracle, in which the developer performs work in all areas of the project life cycle for multiple applications or projects. The developer’s efforts provide internal UPSers access to secure, consistent, objective views of business results and the critical internal and external factors which drive performance for their assigned project(s).
The Senior BIA Programmer Analyst designs and builds databases to support applications and build foundation designs for implementation of future business rule changes, as well as harvests and analyzes data from various sources to evaluate content, consistency, usability, and reliability and to collect data for research and analysis. He/She also summarizes resource utilization and goal timelines to support BIA senior management decision-making on department resources and expectations. The Senior BIA Programmer Analyst will also investigate user application issues to provide resolutions and to ensure applications meet user expectations.
- Manages SQL programming to generate usable and meaningful data and data flow to ensure applications are readable and easily understood.
- Manages console and DLL language development to provide clutter-free user interfaces for accessing information easily.
- Analyzes data for information and trends to establish dataset value, uncover data meanings, and identify trending for decision-making.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to ensure project teams understand data meaning and methods for extracting information.
- Documents automated processes and business rule changes to provide application histories, ensure details are retained for future planning, and maintain programming knowledge.
- Maintains data processes linked with multiple-source applications to ensure applications provide users with the most current data.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of programming techniques and some advanced knowledge of database design principles; works with users to define requirements with minimal oversight from others; defines user rights; describes security measures, such as passwords and access rights based on user requirements; describes information organization, such as classes, links, records, and fields.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the strategy, structures, processes and procedures of the enterprise in its relationship with the business and its activities; identifies business representatives affected by information systems with some assistance.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of several different system tools; recommends appropriate tools to meet development and support needs; utilizes various tools to diagnose and resolve problems; prepares business cases for the purchase of new tools; integrates systems with other technologies.
- Develops plans that balance details and the “big picture”; adapts the level of detail required for a given audience and the purpose; completes work with thoroughness; maintains records and information in an organized manner; audits available information for inconsistencies; maintains documentation that support the completion of work and retention of details/decisions.
- Develops standards for naming and structuring standard data; maintains existing standards according to technical requirements, industry practices, corporate policy, and quality assurance recommendations; addresses and resolves issues impacting data standards.
- Makes minor adjustments to test plans; recognizes the importance of quality assurance to the business; identifies conditions that impede that quality assurance process.
- Bachelor’s degree-Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree-Computer Science, MIS, or related discipline-Preferred
- Experience in application development using MS Visual Studio, systems analysis and systems architecture- Preferred
- Experience with application testing and debugging in Windows and Linux environment – Preferred
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
- Must be currently in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate
- Must have experience in C++, Pro C, and C#
- Must have experience in database with skills in Stored Procs and Performance Tuning
OTHER CRITERIA:Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability
How to Apply: If interested, please visit www.upsjobs.com to complete an online application.