- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Founded by a team of Georgia Tech graduates and led by an Atlanta based serial entrepreneur, Patientco embodies the "start-up" spirit with the strength of BlueCross BlueShield Venture Partners and Sandbox Industries. (Read more HERE)!
Patientco simplifies the challenge of understanding healthcare expenses for patients so they pay their healthcare providers faster. Already more than one million patients across 20 states securely receive, pay and track their healthcare expenses via Patientco. Our cloud based tools integrate with physician and hospital information systems to provide a comprehensive communication, payment and reconciliation solution.
We are headquartered in Atlanta’s Technology Square within the ATDC, which serves as the hub for technology entrepreneurship in Georgia. The ATDC provides business incubation and acceleration services to hundreds of startups through coaching, connecting and community and has helped 130+ technology firms raise over $1billion in venture capital.
Benefits: (We allow employees to thrive, not conform to outdated stereotypes)
- No Vacation Tracking – When you need a break, take a break. Autonomy and innovation are hard work, we understand that.
- Casual dress all-day, everyday – You don’t code better in a tie.
- Start-up Environment – You’re idea will be heard, no matter how crazy you think it is.
- Health and Dental, Vision, Short-term and long-term disability
- Free Parking (Tech Trolley also passes our front door)
- Midtown Atlanta (Atlanta Technology Square – Across the street from Georgia Tech) – Bars, Restaurants, and Sports.
- Telecommute days – Work remotely when you need to!
- Free food and unlimited snacks!
- Fun events: whitewater rafting, Segway tours, go-karting, sporting events, and weekly trivia!
We’re looking for a software developer that is extremely innovative, seeks continuous improvement, works efficiently, and thrives when working independently. We utilize agile methodologies to define weekly sprints that see code being deployed multiple times per week.
The following are some of the technologies we currently utilize, however we’re always evolving so we’ll find the best tools for the job:
- Twitter Bootstrap
- Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence, Crucible, Bamboo)
Our Software Developers pride ourselves on innovating rapidly so you won’t find bureaucratic processes concerning idea generation here! We define process as simply the best known recipe to complete a task, and our software developers improve this process with each week that passes.
As a Software Developer, you’ll build products that make very complex healthcare issues seem simple. Working closely with the other members of the development team, the Director of Engineering and the wider business, you’ll design, develop, and deploy innovative scalable web-based software solutions at a rapid pace.
Some additional responsibilities include:
- Build, test, and support new features/bug fixes in both new and existing applications
- Employ emerging web-technologies, agile development methodologies, and existing healthcare technologies to create solutions that fulfill a direct user need
- Utilize enterprise level software designs to deliver highly effective solutions rapidly
As a Software Developer, your attention to detail and ability to dig into the heart of a problem is key. Versatile self-starters will thrive in our environment and enjoy creating innovative solutions.
- The requirements for the position are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- 1-5 years of development experience with Object Oriented languages (PHP, Ruby, Python, .NET, Java, etc.)
- A combination of experience with:
- Web Development (basic familiarity with HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, MVC Frameworks)
- Traditional RDBMS databases (MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.)
- Version Control (good: CVS, SVN; better: GIT, Mercurial)
- Unit and integration testing methodologies
Join the technology revolution that’s bringing healthcare into the 21st century! Apply today!
How to Apply: http://patientco.theresumator.com/apply/7Puz2y/Software-Developer.html?source=COC