- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: Curiosity Media, Inc.
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Washington, DC
- Compensation: Highly competitive
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Martha Cummings
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.spanishdict.com
Do you thrive while solving hard programming problems? Are you energized by building products that scale elegantly to serve millions of people? Does the fast-paced, ship-early-and-often start-up mentality appeal to you? If so, SpanishDict may be the place for you!
Our mission is to make learning a new language simple, convenient, and fun. We are building a state-of-the-art adaptive learning platform to create unique paths to proficiency for each person. We run the world’s largest Spanish learning website, SpanishDict.com, which reaches more than 50 million people per year. We are a small, smart, and driven team, determined to shake things up. Our success requires the solution to complex engineering challenges. That’s where you come in.
As a software engineer with SpanishDict, you will work on exciting, cutting-edge projects like:
- Creating an adaptive learning course that customizes content for millions of learners using machine learning algorithms that analyze millions of rows of data in MongoDB.
- Developing multi-player quizzes and games with technologies like Node.js and HTML5 to allow people to learn and practice together, in real time.
- Improving the speed and accuracy of hundreds of millions of translation queries with full-text search in ElasticSearch.
- Integrating streaming audio, automatic speech recognition, and waveform analysis to provide learners with personalized feedback on their spoken language.
- Writing MapReduce jobs that analyze hundreds of gigabytes of data to produce insights about user behavior.
We are looking for people that love programming, learn quickly, and thrive on solving interesting problems. Your background should include:
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL, cloud, and/or other data stores.
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of computer science including algorithms, data structures and software development.
Working with us comes with great perks:
- Small, fast-paced team where you will play a big role.
- Big, sleek computer monitors.
- Latest development practices and tools.
- Fully stocked supply of snacks and drinks.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Great culture, great people, great work environment.
We are located in Arlington, Virginia, just one block from the Clarendon subway stop and minutes from Washington D.C.
How to Apply: To apply, visit http://www.spanishdict.com/careers.