- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: BrightEdge Technologies, Inc.
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: San Mateo, CA
- Contact Information
- Name: Jensen Smith
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.brightedge.com/
We are looking to hire students who are passionate about building their careers in the software industry. We are solving some of the hardest challenges in the web today -- handling big data issues with Hadoop, solving elasticity with cloud computing (Amazon EC2), and working with customers that have the biggest brands in the world! We live and breathe the "startup" culture, and look to work with people who are committed to joining a fun, but intense culture that strives to build the next great company.
- Participate in the design and development of key back-end components in Java, Python and PHP
- Develop highly scalable systems using open source technologies like Nutch, Hadoop, HBase, and cloud technologies (Amazon EC2)
- Participate in a fast-paced, iterative development methodology (SCRUM)
- Be ready and willing to tackle any challenge
- Demonstrated academic excellence (minimum GPA: 3.5)
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Internship or work experience in software engineering
- BS in Computer Science
- Advanced knowledge in JAVA
- Experience with scripting languages (PHP, Python)
- Experience with databases (MySQL preferred)
Are you ready to put your career on a fast track by joining an exceptionally talented, hard charging team that is dominating the market? If you want to be part of this fast moving environment you need to be a smart and driven professional, committed to success. Ideal candidates should be highly competitive, quick on their feet, adaptable to change and ready to take ownership of their role.
BrightEdge is the leading site, search and social management solution for global enterprises, helping more than 1,100 of the world's largest brands stay ahead in the rapidly evolving Internet landscape. BrightEdge S3 drives more than $3 billion in organic search across industries, harnessing the power of analytics to drive revenue from web sites, search engines and social networks across the globe in a measurable, predictable way.
BrightEdge is based in San Mateo, CA and is privately held with financing from Battery Ventures, Altos Ventures and Illuminate Ventures. BrightEdge is regularly featured in leading journals and magazines, such as TechCrunch, MarketWatch, and Business Insider. It was named in OnMedia 100 Top Private Companies of 2011.
How to Apply: Apply here: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?aj=or83Vfwh&s=gatech_collegeOfComp