- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: Platform9 Systems, Inc.
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Sunnyvale, CA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Sirish Raghuram
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://Platform9.com
We are looking for the brightest graduates to work closely with our world class founding team, and leave their footprints in the history of Computing. We offer a fun, intimate work environment; challenging and meaningful work; and excellent compensation. Our work involves pushing the state of the art across multiple Computer Science domains:
- distributed systems
- scalable web services
- intuitive, fluid visual design
-- Description --
Our system consists of several components, ranging from Linux modules to scalable, distributed web services. We have multiple open positions for backend engineers. Our backend engineers have the opportunity to work broadly across components as well as in depth within specific components.
-- Desired skills --
* Self starter: you can learn quickly and look forward to taking on new, unfamiliar problems.
* Team player: you look forward to adding to the team, and to learning from the team.
* Customer driven: you must be willing to sweat the details to delight users.
* Programming: must be proficient in one or more major languages (Python preferred, Nodejs / Java / C++ okay).
* Quality: must be proficient in writing maintainable code, in unit testing and integration testing.
* Very strong operating systems fundamentals, including Linux, processes, threads, IPC, network servers. Familiarity with package managers and file systems is a big plus.
* Experience building fault tolerant, scalable distributed systems with sharded or NoSql databases is a big plus.
* Exposure to virtualization or container technologies such as Docker, VMware, KVM is a big plus.
* Familiarity with security concepts like PKI, SSL and certificate management systems is a big plus.
* Experience with web standards (HTTP) and technologies (cookies, JSON, proxies, load balancers) is a big plus.
Preference is given to masters program graduates, or bachelors graduates with applicable work experience.
How to Apply: Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org