- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Software Engineer - Network Management Division
Company: Ipswitch, Inc
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Pamela Glennon
- Phone: 781.676.5737
- Email: Pglennon@ipswitch.com
- Address: http://careers.ipswitch.com
- Website: http://careers.ipswitch.com
Collaborate with engineering and Software Quality Assurance teams to design and develop leading edge software in the network management domain.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Design and develop high quality, performing software applications using the latest technologies, innovations and software best practices including consideration for security and performance
- Must be able to demonstrate strong experience writing C# Applications
- Experience writing multithreaded code
- Knowledge of RDBMS-based application design
- Knowledge of enterprise application design patterns
- Analyze and provide feedback on product requirements
- Produce and document designs based on the analysis of requirements.
- Work with product architects, Product Management and the User Experience team to ensure designs meet strategic goals.
- Provide assistance and mentor other developers on design and development issues, as needed
- Ability to estimate and track work items
- Experience with Entity Framework 4.X, writing Web-based applications, and network protocols from Internet (IP, IPv6), to Application Layer (SNMP, HTTP) are all strongly preferred
- Strong multi-tasking abilities including a “big-picture” understanding of priorities and impacts, and proven experience in juggling and completing tasks.
- Collaborate with other departments, i.e. Software Quality Assurance and Technical Documentation.
- Participate in code and design reviews
Supervisory Responsibilities: Limited to None
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience developing backend frameworks and services
- Programming experience in .NET, C# and C++ on a Windows platform
- Experience with networking protocols i.e. the TCP/IP suite a plus
- Knowledge of the .NET Entity Framework
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with COM a plus
- Prior experience in programming multi-threaded applications required
- Solid object oriented design and development skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL a plus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team in a fast pace environment
- Experience with Agile methodologies a plus
Benefits: Ipswitch provides their employees a comprehensive full benefits package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K, tuition reimbursement, online training program, paid time off, fitness and wellness benefits. We value our employees and provide you a unique working environment to harvest your talents. It is an exciting time at Ipswitch! We would like to have you join our team.
Ipswitch, Inc. has been named one of the Boston Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in 2010, 2011 and 2012 in the greater Boston area. It is an exciting time at Ipswitch! We would like to have you join our team!!!
Statement to Third Party Agencies: To ALL recruitment agencies: Ipswitch, Inc. only accepts resumes from agencies on the Ipswitch preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Ipswitch employees, or any Ipswitch facility. Ipswitch is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
How to Apply: http://careers.ipswitch.com