- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Software Engineering Intern - Summer 2013
- General Information
- Job Type: Internship
- Location: Boston, MA
Wayfair is the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States. Our Engineering Team is looking for talented Summer 2013 Engineering Interns to help drive a number of complex technical projects. Projects span a variety of platform teams, including Storefront Development, Search & Recommendations (Big Data), Database Technologies, Mobile Development, Infrastructure Engineering, Web Performance, Internal Tools, and Operational Engineering. Interns are given full end-to-end project ownership, along with assigned project mentors who serve as subject matter experts to ensure an impactful learning experience.
The Wayfair Engineering Internship Program:
The engineering internship program is our strongest recruitment channel leading to post-graduate full-time hires! 2013 will be our 2nd official internship program, after our highly successful Summer 2012 pilot class. Some of the program highlights are:
- Formalized training and "Lunch and Learns" from engineering leaders
- REAL projects that tackle REAL business challenges! (not just busy work)
- Project Demo Presentations, where interns present a final project to senior engineering leaders (including our co-founders)
- Cross-departmental seminars with department leaders outside of engineering to educate interns about the business at large
- Intern group outings (think: http://www.bostonharborcruises.com/codzilla/)
What makes innovative, fast-paced Internet development at Wayfair different from traditional enterprise software development elsewhere?
- You will be involved for the full project lifecycle – from concept to deployment – not just a step along the way.
- You’ll work together with business leaders to brainstorm on how to solve the challenge at hand – not just take notes on decisions that have already been made.
- You’ll take the first stab at coming up with the technical designs – not just be a code monkey for a more senior developer’s designs.
- You’ll be exposed to the full spectrum of technologies involved, from the database to server-side business logic, to client-side user interface.
- You’ll be surrounded by a world class team of some of the brightest Internet engineers around to help improve your designs and jumpstart your knowledge.
- You’ll have easy access to upper management who WANT to hear your ideas for process and tools improvement.
Check out this video for a flavor of our engineering team:
If you are a Sophomore or Junior who is excited to learn, there is no better place for you to do it. Wayfair is growing everyday.
Wayfair is the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States. We're looking for the brightest, sharpest, most creative minds in every field to help. Are you one? If you like transparency, friendliness, a relaxed but results-driven work environment filled with like-minded top-tier talent, Wayfair would like to hear from you. We own and operate Wayfair, AllModern, and Joss & Main. We are on target for over $600 million in revenue and currently employ over 1000 employees in offices located in Boston, Utah, Kentucky, the U.K, Germany, Ireland and Australia. Wayfair was founded in 2002 and is privately held and profitable. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, pre-IPO equity, a long-term and sustainable, next-generation, e-commerce business model as well as surprising and generous perks designed to attract and retain the brightest people who are incredibly excited about what they do. Wayfair is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Come join us at http://www.wayfair.com/careers.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com/
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Check out some of the code we have opensourced on github: https://github.com/wayfair
How to Apply: Apply online: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?aj=osy2WfwI&s=campus