- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
HomeAbout the CollegeJob OpportunitiesSoftware Quality Assurance Engineer - Network Management Division
Software Quality Assurance Engineer - Network Management Division
Company: Ipswitch, Inc
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Pamela Glennon
- Phone: 781.676.5737
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: http://careers.ipswitch.com
- Website: http://careers.ipswitch.com
About Ipswitch, Inc.: Ipswitch develops and markets innovative IT software and services that are easy to learn and use. More than 100 million people worldwide use Ipswitch software to monitor their networks with Ipswitch WhatsUp®, transfer files over the Internet using the market leading MOVEit brand of secure and managed file transfer.
Ipswitch provides a challenging, productive and enjoyable work environment that stresses honesty, integrity and open-mindedness. We will support initiative, creativity and individual growth. We will distribute responsibility broadly throughout the organization to those with the knowledge and perspective to make decisions and take action. We will live by and support our values. Per our employees, it really is a great place to work.
Ipswitch, Inc. is headquartered in Lexington, Massachusetts with offices in Alpharetta, GA; Augusta, GA; Madison, WI; Livonia, MI; American Fork, UT; Amsterdam, The Netherlands; and Tokyo, Japan. For more information on Ipswitch or any of the three divisions, please visit http://careers.ipswitch.com
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for testing web-based Network Management and Monitoring commercial software products in a fast paced environment. Ideal candidate must have experience with the Windows operating system, strong problem solving skill, attention to detail and experience configuring environments for testing.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Design and develop test cases that enable verification of product requirements.
- Execute test cases while meeting project deadlines and deliverables
- Enter detailed defects in the defect tracking system
- Review and give feedback on product requirements and design.
- Perform peer reviews of test plans, test cases and test results
- Maintain and create the test environments.
- Research and answer escalated customer issues from Technical Support regarding software defects, as needed
- Actively support customers during Technical Preview Programs.
- Routinely isolate the root cause of a defect when applicable
Education and/or Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of experience testing commercial software applications or equivalent
- 3+ years of Microsoft Windows Operating System knowledge, including familiarity with the Windows administration.
- Knowledge of hardware and software environments specifically Windows, local and wide area network.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum testing methodology preferred
- Previous experience testing software/hardware interaction
- Experience in networking concepts/protocols such as TCP/IP, WMI, SNMP and Windows Active Directory
- Experience using debugging tools like ethereal/wireshark for testing preferred
- Experience configuring and managing Wireless Access Points, Routers/Switches, Hubs and technical environments for testing a plus
- Experience with virtual testing environments such as VMware ESX and MS Hyper-V preferred
- B.S. in or pursuing a degree engineering discipline, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Extra consideration given for certifications: CCNET, CCNA, CSTE, CSQA etc.
- Scripting experience using one or more of the following: VBScript, DelphiScript, JScript, C++Script or C#Script a plus
- Strong written and oral English skills
Benefits: Ipswitch provides their employees a comprehensive full benefits package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K, tuition reimbursement, online training program, paid time off, fitness and wellness benefits. We value our employees and provide you a unique working environment to harvest your talents. It is an exciting time at Ipswitch! We would like to have you join our team.
Ipswitch, Inc. has been named one of the Boston Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in 2010, 2011 and 2012 in the greater Boston area. It is an exciting time at Ipswitch! We would like to have you join our team!!!
Statement to All Third Party Recruitment Agencies: Ipswitch, Inc. only accepts resumes from agencies on the Ipswitch preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Ipswitch employees, or any Ipswitch facility. Ipswitch is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
How to Apply: http://careers.ipswitch.com; Job Number: NM201328AL