- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
- General Information
- Job Type: Other
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Mallory Moser
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 1032 Elwell Court, Suite 210 Palo Alto, CA 94303 650.331.0219 email@example.com
- Website: http://www.goorulearning.org
As a Software Quality Testing Engineer you will be responsible for building advanced automated test suites to exercise our Search Engine. You will be expected to derive performance metrics and pinpoint areas of improvement, conduct research on emerging technologies, and perform deep security testing for platform. You will also analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to test this system. You will be responsible for building detailed processes of quality assurance, developing and maintaining a well-structured reporting process, and testing, identifying, reporting, tracking and resolving any inconsistencies in a timely fashion. You will also produce reports from product testing and interact with the Design, Academic Operations and Engineering teams to resolve any issues across our platform. You will play an important role in ensuring that every student and teacher that uses Gooru has a beautiful, flawless experience.
- BS in Computer Science or similar field (or 4 years relevant work experience)
- 3 years of relevant work experience, including development and/or test automation experience
- Must have an eye for detail and be well-organized
- Must have excellent communication skills and be comfortable interacting with a variety of departments -- you will communicate with the Design, Academic Operations and Engineering teams daily
- Work well with a small team and thrive in a start-up environment
- Familiarity with SQT tools like Selenium, JMeter
- Experience with testing distributed applications
- Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science or related field
- 6 years relevant work experience
- Excellent scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Perl, Shell)
- Proficient in a Linux environment
- Deep knowledge of Internet technologies
Ednovo offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Our benefits include 401K options, health benefits, and a bonus structure for all full-time employees. This position offers a unique opportunity to gain nonprofit experience and be part of an innovative and rapidly growing organization whose mission is to honor the human right to education.
Non-Discrimination Policy: Employment and Provision of Services
Ednovo is an equal opportunity employer. Ednovo does not promote or discriminate against any person, population group, or organization with regard to categories protected by applicable United States law. These include, but are not limited to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, physical appearance, language, education background, national origin, age, disability, and veteran status. Ednovo will not make any posting or employment decision that does not comply with applicable laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity, employment eligibility requirements or related matters. Nor will Ednovo require in a posting or otherwise U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency in the U.S. as a condition of employment except as necessary to comply with law, regulation, executive order, or federal, state or local government contract.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume by email with position title in the subject line (no letters, calls, faxes, or drop-ins) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We carefully consider each application, but due to the high volume of applications, we can personally respond only to candidates who we’d like to advance in the interview process. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.