- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
HomeAbout the CollegeJob OpportunitiesSoftware Technical Support Analyst - can grow into a developer opportunity!
Software Technical Support Analyst - can grow into a developer opportunity!
Company: ServiceCentral Technologies, Inc.
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Contact Information
- Name: Greg Schillo
- Phone: 404.754.6155
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Harvest Professionals, L.L.C. email@example.com
- Website: http://www.servicecentral.com
Technical Support Analyst
Our Company is seeking an experienced and talented Technical Support Analyst to fill a position within our Client Services team to perform customer software support and assist with professional services engagements.
Desired Skills & Position Responsibilities
The Technical Support Analyst is primarily responsible for fielding and resolving technical software application issues for multiple customers across the Company’s entire product suite of web-based service chain management solutions. The analyst may also assist with system installation and implementation tasks.
The position requires excellent customer service and communication skills and an ability to work with team members of the development and operations teams to verify, troubleshoot and resolve reported application problems. The analyst will become familiar with multiple customer environments and form relationships with primary customer contacts. The analyst should be proactive in recognizing potential problems or if issue resolution is not meeting customer expectations and escalate issues as needed to Company management.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of customer service/support experience with web-based software applications - preferably Service Management, CRM, Supply Chain or Logistics solutions. The candidate requires a well rounded skill set with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction and a get the job done type attitude. Industry experience in the telecom, wireless or electronics markets is preferred, but not required. Light travel at times could be required.
Technical & Business Analysis
* Possesses working knowledge of web technologies, web application development
methodologies, and enterprise solution design and development.
* Experience preferred with systems integration via web services.
* Comfortable performing hands on software setup and configuration tasks.
* Industry experience in Wireless or consumer electronics background a plus
* Gathers and analyzes client information and data.
* Provide first line technical support to external customers via phone, email or online case
* Enter support requests into an online case management system and update the status of each
case as it is being worked and log the resolution details before closing the case.
* Perform hands on software application setup and configuration tasks.
* Become knowledgeable with software installation procedures and server-side configuration
* Be proactive when working on customer issues and try to educate customer contacts to
become more proficient in system administration tasks.
* Identify additional opportunities for Company solutions within customer environments and
share with account managers/sales staff.
Testing and Training
* Perform quality assurance testing for new product releases and client specific feature requests.
* Coordinate and support user acceptance testing and issue resolution with client and
* Provide software application training to clients for new features and software enhancements.
Tools / Certifications
* Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio
* Software Bugs/Enhancements tracking processes
* SalesForce preferred but not required
* Microsoft Project and SharePoint experience preferred but not required
* Knowledge of software development life cycle
* Windows Client and Server OS’s – XP, Vista, 7, 2003, 2008 – also IIS 6.0+
* Linux experience is a plus
* PL/SQL or SQL *Plus with Oracle DB experience is a plus
* Web Browsers – IE 6, 7, 8, 9; Firefox
* Basic network knowledge – TCP/IP, Routers, Firewalls
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience.
* Flexible Telecommuting Program (local only)
* Generous paid time off policy
* Health & 401K
* Competitive Compensation
* Location: Atlanta
How to Apply: Submit resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a phone number and time that you surely can be contacted