- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Maris Allison
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Maris Allison UPS Talent Acquisition Recruiter email@example.com
- Website: http://www.ups.com
The Business Information Analysis (BIA) Programmer Analyst develops and maintains UPS intranet web applications providing business information to support Sales Groups and senior management decision-making. He/She formats reports, implements business rules, creates web site user interface, and transaction functionality. The BIA Programmer Analyst generates queries, processes weekly data, and ensures database performance.
This position acts as a liaison to UPS sales management, BIA programmers, and Quality Assurance (QA) teams to ensure testing processes work properly. This includes maintaining, managing, and coding UPS and BIA web applications. He/She develops projects with UPS departments to determine project business rules and effective means for displaying information.
- Gathers and reviews user requirements and produces storyboards for testing
- Works toward seamless web application data integration with existing enterprise systems
- Creates new solutions by combining applications to enhance business efficiencies
- Audits and analyzes raw data to detect and report anomalies
- Locates valid data sources for customer reporting needs
- Conveys system capabilities and limitations
- Reports and resolves system issues
- Applies knowledge of database applications, tools, infrastructure and standards to develop, implement, support and administer databases to ensure information organizations, accessibility and security.
- Applies knowledge of information systems elements (hardware, software, network) and their application to business functions/processes.
- Applies quality assurance knowledge and established methodologies, such as testing, to ensure the reliability and consistency of products, solutions, services and technology.
- Applies system tools and utilities knowledge, techniques, and practices used in the development, maintenance, and operation of systems; researches new products to determine the tools and utilities most applicable to the environment.
- Develops data standards to monitor, maintain, and update information systems.
- Manages and uses details, facts and information to thoroughly and accurately plan and complete work.
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science, MIS - Preferred
- Experience supervising others-Preferred
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
- Must be in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself there?
- Must have experience in systems analysis, web application development and systems architecture (e.g., C#.Net, J-Query, EXT-JS, CSS, HTML)
- Must have experience programming databases (e.g., using knowledge T-SQL , Stored Procedures, Views)
- Must have experience using web application interfaces Cold Fusion, ASP.Net, Source Control, SOA, RSS, REST, and/or SOAP
OTHER CRITERIA:Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability
How to Apply: If interested, please visit www.upsjobs.com and complete an online application.