- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Test Engineer – Cloud Computing
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Santa Barbara, CA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Jenny Bernal
- Phone: 805.243.0927
- Email: Jenny@rightscale.com
- Website: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp
RightScale is looking for a motivated Test Engineer to join our engineering team. At RightScale, we use Agile programming techniques such as test-driven development, continuous integration, and story-based iterative development to build reliable and maintainable software. In this role we look for critical thinkers - people who can rapidly consume domain knowledge and add value to our test process by extending and improving on our tests by applying experience and a strong set of troubleshooting skills. We place a high value on exploratory testing and other creative testing strategies.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Handle testing related tasks while embedded in a engineering scrum team
· Run daily automated regression tests for features in progress.
· Create summary report for daily regression tests.
· Update and maintain bug report database on open issues.
· Manage and run automated test suite before publishing of ServerTemplates.
· Update and maintain simple bash and ruby scripts for low level automation.
· Assist in final check of all details before publishing ServerTemplates.
· Contribute to the knowledge-base, wiki and other RightScale resources to help build the best customer experience.
The ideal candidate has a Technical Background and Experience that includes:
· At least 5 years experience in a QA or Testing role.
· Ability to diagnose and identify Linux system configuration problems.
· Knowledge of distro specific package managers and how they are configured.
· Experience with a source control management tool (preferably SVN or Git).
· Basic understanding SQL command syntax and Database replication concepts.
· Familiarity with configuring NTP, iptables and apache.
· Exposure to at least one scripting language, (i.e. Bash, Perl, Ruby, python, etc), and a desire to grow in proficiency.
· Passion for Linux, cloud computing and deploying internet services
· Excellent attention to detail
All candidates are expected to possess the following skill set:
· Self-starting learner who thrives under pressure and enjoys success
· Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills
· Dedication to individual development, challenging teamwork, and new technology
· Flexibility in a dynamically growing/evolving company
RightScale is a great place to work and we are looking for only the best.
How to Apply: To apply please click on the link below: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=RIGHTSCALE&cws=1&rid=393