- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Santa Barbara, CA
- Compensation: DOE
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Jenny Bernal
- Phone: 805.243.0927
- Email: Jenny@rightscale.com
- Website: http://www.rightscale.com
RightScale is looking for a skilled User Experience Designer to join our growing product team. Located in sunny Santa Barbara, California, RightScale is a product-centered, agile company founded in 2007. RightScale is the producer of the leading cloud-computing management platform, used by companies like Zynga, PBS, and Ubisoft manage their cloud servers.
As a UX designer, you will work directly with the product team at our Santa Barbara headquarters, leading design efforts across the company. You will be responsible for transforming customer feedback into designs to support new and existing UI features. You will interact regularly with developers and web designers to ensure that the RightScale UI continues to provide a smooth experience that meets customer needs. Our lean UX team focuses on quick iteration to meet user needs rather than writing piles of documentation, and that’s where we expect you to focus as well.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
● Develop wireframes, prototypes, and light specifications to be consumed by UX researchers, designers, developers, and other stakeholders.
● Understand the business requirements behind new products and features.
● Present designs to internal and external stakeholders, continuing to iterate and incorporate feedback as necessary.
● Support UX researchers as they conduct user research, participating in customer calls and on-site visits.
● Contribute to the continual development of user interface design requirements and standard UI components.
● Drive UI-related projects through the design and development process.
The ideal candidate has a background and experience that includes:
● 2 or more years of experience in UX design, preferably as a key member of a user experience team that has launched several successful web and/or software applications.
● Experience using Axure RP or similar wireframing and prototyping tools.
● The ability to understand and design for complex technical products, using modern design best practices.
● The ability to clearly organize design documents, communicate design rationale, and build consensus.
● Strong organizational skills a demonstrated ability to move design projects through the software development process.
Additional useful skills and experience include:
● Experience with agile software development methodologies.
● An understanding of cloud computing and/or UNIX/Windows system administration.
● Previous experience in a software development or system administration role.
RightScale is a great place to work and we are looking for only the best.
How to Apply: To apply please click on the link below: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=RIGHTSCALE&cws=1&rid=441