- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: University of Washington
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Jason Civjan
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://uw.edu
Hi. We have two excellent opportunities for User Experience Designers on my team at the University of Washington. Candidates should feel free to contact me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A summary of what we are generally looking for is included below.
For full requirements and to apply, you can find the direct job postings here:
User Experience Designer Position 1:
User Experience Designer Position 2 (a bit more focus on
Academic and Collaborative Applications (ACA), a unit within University of Washington (UW), is seeking a talented, thoughtful and motivated User Experience Designer (UXD) to join us in understanding and supporting the needs and goals of UW students, faculty, staff, clinicians and researchers across the three UW campuses.
ACA is a highly supportive environment for creative work, and we are fortunate to have:
- A commitment to the User-Centered Design (UCD) process as driver for all that we do;
- An open and collaborative workplace that promotes cross-unit and cross-disciplinary interactions;
- A dedication to reducing project administration overhead (Yes, we are an Agile development shop);
- Dedicated time for self-directed innovation projects;
- Colleagues who refine processes, evaluate technologies, and experiment to find ways to improve the workplace
- A strong commitment to ensuring a healthy work/life balance: while we have high expectations for quality work, we believe that great work happens in 40-hour weeks.
ACA’s User Experience team possesses expertise from all design fields, and is dedicated to the use of technology to support the UW’s public mission. We push ourselves and each other to develop as UX designers and find ways to share this knowledge back with the team, so we all continue to grow. We believe in a strong vision, driven by elegant rationale, and reinforced with data, especially when it has been forged through free and open inter-disciplinary communication and collaboration. We believe in UCD, we work hard, and most importantly, we have fun doing so.
By applying for this position, you are telling us that:
- Your passion for UCD defines your work;
- Your decisions are guided by data, process, vision, and an inherent need to make things work better;
- You are obsessed with understanding people, asking yourself questions like, "what makes them tick? What are their needs? What are they trying to do?" and you know how to go about answering these questions and finding the next questions to ask;
- You know that implementation decisions are a result of design decisions and not the other way around;
- You believe in clear communication as the foundation to any relationship;
- You have reasons for wanting to work in higher education, at a public institution, and/or, more specifically, at the UW.
The UXD participates in all stages of the development process -- from user research to making technology recommendations and writing production code -- aligning the project’s efforts to the holistic vision of user experience every step of the way. The UXD is expected to serve as a UCD champion and consultant to other departments within UW-IT and the UW community, and at times to other higher-education institutions.
How to Apply: Apply online: User Experience Designer Position 1: https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=jobprofile&szOrderID=96913 User Experience Designer Position 2 (a bit more focus on css/html/JS skills): https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=jobprofile&szOrderID=96243