- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: Georgia Tech Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts
- General Information
- Job Type: Part-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Educational Requirements: High School Diploma
- Contact Information
- Name: Rebecca Keane
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.iac.gatech.edu
The Dean's Office in the Georgia Tech Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts is hiring a student assistant web developer to handle web site projects. This position is anticipated to be on-going through 2014.
Title: Student Assistant - Web Developer
Location: IAC Dean’s Office
Supervisor: Rebecca Keane
Primary Contact Persons: Rebecca Keane (IAC Communications Officer)
Time Commitment: approx. 13 hours per week
· Work with IAC team as assigned, to design and develop architecture for, determine functionalities of, and create content for websites.
· Lead application architecture, provide design input, site layout/user interface, database design/programming, and .NET development.
- Creation of site layout/user interface using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Placement and layout of web site pages
- Development of robust and user-friendly .NET-based web applications.
- SQL Server T-SQL development.
- Specifications/Requirements gathering as needed.
- Routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications including content updates.
· Creating online calendar of events and meetings and other communication mechanisms to enhance user experience (e.g. social media)
· Link websites to other key web pages and sites.
· Create Content Management Systems.
· Assist with assembling data, visual images, and other assets.
· Update and maintain documentation processes, design, and web files according to IAC systems.
· Support other communications projects and events as needed.
· Provide administrative support.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills Sets
· Knowledge of website standards and user centered design.
· Skill in designing and using content management systems (CMS)
· Competent writer with basic knowledge of grammar and writing.
· Flexible, able to change tasks if projects are re-prioritized.
· Organized, task-oriented. Collaborate, team player.
How to Apply: Email cover letter and resume including website development experience to email@example.com. Specify in subject line that you are applying for the Web Developer Position