- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: College of Computing at Georgia Tech
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Pam Ruffin
- Phone: 404.385.2464
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Pam Ruffin, Director of Human Resources
- Website: http://www.cc.gatech.edu
Develop, test, implement and maintain web-based applications as assigned within a campus unit. Troubleshoot website problems and issues and develop solutions and application improvements.
IMPACT & INFLUENCE:
This position will interact on a consistent basis with: management and staff within assigned unit and personnel within the Office of Information Technology. This position typically will advise and counsel: management and staff within assigned unit. This position will supervise: NA
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Confer with unit management regarding web application content requirements and status.
- Conduct web based application development and implementation consistent with unit needs.
- Maintain assigned applications providing resolution of issues in a timely manner.
- Respond to specialized needs of the unit relative to its website(s).
- Maintain required documentation related to unit web applications.
- Prepare and present status reports regarding web applications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Degrees required for this job: Bachelor's
degree in Computer Science or related field.
Years of experience required for this job: Four to six years job related experience
Certifications or licenses required for this job:
Certifications or licenses preferred:
skills required for this job:
This job requires working knowledge and skills in configuration and deployment of web applications including database design, web base scripting languages and web standards. Additionally, skills in presentation, customer service and problem solving are required.
Working knowledge of and experience in building, implementing, and maintaining web-based business applications, managing website content through specialized content management systems (Drupal preferred), adhering to best practices and usability standards.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills; may require applicable computer skills including standards-based XHTML and CSS coding; knowledge of programming languages including PHP, XML, HTML5, and CSS3. Experience with Drupal and Linux OS preferred. Working knowledge or experience with backend web technologies and web server administration is preferred.
This position will be the primary web developer for the Technology Services Organization in developing business applications in support of the Colleges’ Academic, Research, and Administrative programs.
How to Apply: To apply, please go to Georgia Tech's Office of Human Resources website, www.ohr.gatech.edu and click on the Careers@Tech link located on the left side of the screen.