- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: Wells Fargo
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Shasta Cornelius
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Shasta Cornelius Recruiting Consultant Wells Fargo Securities | Technology & Operations Campus Recruiting 301 South College Street, 19th floor | Charlotte, NC 28202 Shasta.email@example.com
- Website: http://www.wellsfargo.com
Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) consists of nearly 4,500 team members in 40+ offices across the United States, Europe, and Asia, focused on middle-market and large corporations and global institutional investors. Wells Fargo Securities brings together the company's market-leading businesses in debt and equity underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, loan syndications, debt and equity sales and trading, tax-exempt products, research and economics, and hedging products relating to equity, commodities and interest rate risks. Our customer-driven model is focused on delivering capital markets solutions to long standing customer relationships in middle market, large corporate, institutional, commercial real estate, municipal and internal Wells Fargo client segments.
WFS Technology, a division of WFS is comprised of over 1,000 full-time team members and managed resources that work in close partnerships with WFS business lines in order to support the sales and trading of securities and investment banking solutions. WFS Technology teams design, implement, evolve, integrate and support a very diverse set of technologies, which provide a wide range of functionality across WFS including fixed income bond sales & trading, equity sales & trading, fixed income & equity derivatives sales & trading, commodities sales & trading, prime brokerage, futures commission merchant (FCM), investment solutions, asset backed finance, research and principal investing.
WFS Technology strives to achieve the right blend of vertical and horizontal solutions for WFS lines of business to either support broad based initiatives like electronic trading of capital markets products or Dodd-Frank regulatory initiatives including, clearing of derivatives and futures or to support line of business specific objectives like trade capture, trade life-cycle, and position and risk management.
Our Technology Analyst Program provides the opportunity to gain exposure and experience working for one of the most well regarded financial institutions in the world; learn about our businesses and the many careers and professional development opportunities within Wells Fargo Securities technology; expand personal and professional networks; incorporate knowledge gained in school while learning new skills.
The Technology Analyst Program will run approximately 22 to 24 months and be comprised of a 6-10 week training program focused on capital markets and investment banking concepts as well as technology related training. The remainder of the program will be comprised of 4 to 6 month rotations within the different technology disciplines such as development, production support, product management, platform management or other disciplines. Throughout the program, candidates will receive ongoing coaching and development.
As a full-time team member in the Advanced Technology Analyst Program, you will gain comprehensive professional and industry experience. Candidates may be responsible for designing, implementing and supporting various applications, technologies and frameworks supporting one or more WFS businesses. Candidates will gain WFS and industry experience, as well as leadership experience through roles as either individual contributors or team leaders.
By joining the Advanced Technology Analyst Program you will strengthen your technical knowledge, project management, business analysis, IT fundamentals, professional skills and more. Our Advanced Technology Analyst program is designed to accelerate your progress quickly so that you can begin contributing to the business immediately.
What will I learn?
- Overview of the Wells Fargo and the Wells Fargo Securities organizations.
- The capital markets.
- Business leader insight into the complex and challenging capital markets businesses at Wells Fargo.
- Analysis, communication, time management, feedback, leadership, and conflict resolution skills.
- Direct instruction from WFS technology experts on advanced systems, applications and technologies.
- Working as a team member on a small to medium sized team of technology experts.
- Interacting daily with WFS Technology clients in order to gather and analyze business requirements.
- Participate in the design, development, integration, testing and deployment of technology solutions to complex and challenging capital markets business requirements in a variety of domains including risk management, analytics, low latency electronic trading, trading / pricing algorithms, grid computing and trade life cycle management.
- Provide secondary production support to business partners.
- Proven experience in written and oral communication in English.
- Strong technical, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to learn from and interact with a diverse set of team members in a very fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Proactive approach to work with a desire to learn breadth and depth of businesses and technologies.
- 1-2 years experience of the following:
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix and Windows.
- C/C++, Java and/or C# programming languages.
- Object oriented analysis, design and programming.
- Data structures and algorithms.
- Database and scripting.
- SDLC concepts - Iterative, waterfall, agile, etc.
- Masters in computer science, engineering, physics, applied mathematics, statistics, financial engineering or related discipline with a strong desire for technology.
- Professional experience through internships, part-time or full-time work, and/or demonstrated leadership experience in academics or a community setting
- Demonstrated experience in successfully collaborating with others in a change driven environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team work.
- Knowledge of capital markets and other financial concepts.
Wells Fargo will not sponsor visas for these positions, and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
In addition to applying through your campus career center, you must also create a "searchable" job seeker profile with Wells Fargo. Please visit us at www.wellsfargo.com/careers and click on "Find a Job in the US." Select "Register Now" and follow the instructions to complete your profile.
Learn more about working for Wells Fargo Securities: careers.wellsfargosecurities.com
How to Apply: In addition to applying through your campus career center, you must also create a "searchable" job seeker profile with Wells Fargo. Please visit us at www.wellsfargo.com/careers and click on "Find a Job in the US." Select "Register Now" and follow the instructions to complete your profile.