- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
April 27, 2006
Dean welcomes new faculty to CoC.
To: The College of Computing Community
I am pleased to tell you that the 2003-4 academic year was one of remarkable growth for the College. Thanks to the dedicated effort of the CCD and ICD recruiting committees chaired by Mustaque Ahamad and Irfan Essa, and a great support team led by Linda Williams, we will add five new faculty:
- Eric Vigoda will join CCD as an Associate Professor on July 15th. His office will be located in CCB 237. Eric received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of California at Berkeley in 1999. Prior to joining the College, he was an Assistant Professor at the University of Chicago. Among his research interests are new techniques for analyzing Markov chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) methods.
- Alexandra (Sasha) Boldyreva will join CCD as an Assistant Professor on August 15th. Her office will be located in CCB 254. Sasha received her Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of California at San Diego in 2004. Her research interests include cryptography and information security.
- Alessandro (Alex) Orso will join CCD as an Assistant Professor on August 15th. His office will be located in CCB 218. Alex received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from Politecnico di Milano, Italy in 1999. Alex is currently a CoC Research Scientist. His research interest is in software engineering with an emphasis on program analysis and testing. He was the recipient of the CoC 2004 Outstanding Research Scientist Research Faculty Award.
- Keith Edwards will join ICD as an Associate Professor on September 27th. His office will be located in TSRB. Keith received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from Georgia Tech in 1995. Keith joins us from The Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) where he was a senior member of the research staff. His research interests include ubiquitous computing, infrastructure to support novel user interfaces, and computer-supported cooperative work.
- Rebecca (Becki) Grinter will join ICD as an Associate Professor on September 27th. Her office will be in TSRB. Becki received her Ph.D. in Information and Computer Science from the University of California, Irvine in 1996. Becki is also joining us from PARC where she is a member of the research staff. Her research interests include computer supported cooperative work (CSCW), human computer interaction (HCI), and software engineering.
We also have two virtual additions: previously announced faculty members that were hired last year but spent the year on leave at other institutions:
- Assistant Professor Subhash Khot (CCD) arrived on July 1st after spending a year at the Institute for Advanced Studies in Princeton. Here are Subash's coordinates:
o Office: CCB 234
o E-mail: <mailto%20khot [at] cc [dot] gatech [dot] edu" rel="nofollow">: khot [at] cc [dot] gatech [dot] edu >khot [at] cc [dot] gatech [dot] edu
o Phone: (404) 385-6603
- Assistant Professor Gabriel Loh (CCD) will arrive on August 15th after spending a year on leave at Intel. Here are Gabriel's coordinates:
o Office: CCB 221
o E-mail: loh <mailto:khot [at] cc [dot] gatech [dot] edu ( loh)khot [at] cc [dot] gatech [dot] edu (@cc.gatech.edu)> @cc.gatech.edu
o Phone: (404) 385-6604
Please join me in welcoming our new colleagues to Georgia Tech and the College of Computing.