Before we get started, make sure your computer meets the following requirements.
- Windows 2000 or XP, or Mac OSX
- Processor: 1.0 GHz or better
- Memory: At least 512 MB of RAM
- High-end graphics card
- Macromedia Director 8.5 or newer - Macromedia also offers 30-day trial downloads of Director MX 2004
- Direct X 9.0b Runtime - most computers already have this installed
Shockwave Player - includes most recent version of Havok Physics for the DART-Physics. Havok is no longer distributed inside Director.
- You still need to put a copy of the Havok Xtra into the right folder. Find the file named havok.x32 on your machine. It might be found here (C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Shockwave 10\Xtras). If not, do a search on your machine for havok.x32.
- Copy havok.x32 to the Macromedia Director Xtras folder; for Director MX it's (
C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Director MX\Xtras\) and for Director MX 2004 it's (C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Director MX 2004\Configuration\Xtras\).
- Digital Video Camera, for working with video mixed AR - we support DirectShow cameras, Videre DCAM, and Point Grey at this point. Use the printmodes program distributed with the DART download to test if your DirectShow camera will work in DART.