Curriculum innovator primarily following a workshop or directed inquiry model in physics and physical science at all levels. Also interested in general relativity, particularly in astrophysical and cosmological settings. Innovative use of technology in education.
- Created portions of and facilitated implementation of the Learning By Design curriculum for middle school physical science developed by the EduTech Institute at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Created, secured funding for, and wrote new inquiry-based curricula for improvement of both introductory calculus-based physics and physical science for education majors. Evaluated curriculum using force & motion conceptual tests.
- Created and designed interactive exhibits as volunteer consultant for the South Carolina Children's Museum illustrating principles of physics in sports.
- Created activities and wrote textbook for honors laboratory course in special and general relativity.
- Created upper level courses in Electronics and Modern Physics.
- Computer and electronics consulting and troubleshooting with the School of Science and associated research centers.
- Explored curvature-based modifications to quantum field theory in the context of quantum cosmological models. Learned and used symbolic manipulation packages, especially Maple, to assist in the analysis.
- Developed and constructed physics lab computers with A/D converters out of spare parts and castoffs.
- Designed equipment and developed activities involving the use of inexpensive UVB radiometers for research projects in the public schools.
- Skilled technical writer, trainer and troubleshooter.