When considering which visualization package to use, one must
be concerned with the following topics.
The general topics include:
- - Software and hardware requirements necessary to run a
- - Software category, i.e. turnkey application or
- - Implementation of the user interface, and its ease of
- - Support for application building and functional
- - Support for distributive processing and computational
- - Documentation and help facilities.
The visualization specific topics include:
- - Internal data types;
- - Support for data manipulation;
- - Support for general data formats;
- - Available visualization techniques.
The graphics specific topics include:
- - Different rendering and viewing options;
- - Support for a remote X-client.
As visualization is a quickly developing area it is possible that
the manufacturers may have already introduced new, improved
versions. Therefore, it is very well possible that some
inconvenient properties have been replaced by more convenient
ones in new versions.