Computer Architecture:Top Picks
Please note that this list has been compiled by GT computer architecture students and does not reflect anyone else's opinion.It is supposed to serve as an additional reading guide (it has nothing to do with the qualifiers!) especially helpful for new students who are looking for a topic/topics for their thesis as well as for older students who just want to increase their knowledge. Please email Sam (firstname.lastname@example.org) in case you would like to add/make changes in the papers as well as include a new topic.
Debugging (Guru & Ioannis)
1. "Mondrian Memory Protection" , Emmett Witchel, Josh Cates, Krste Asanovic ASPLOS'02
2. "DISE: A Programmable Macro Engine for Customizing Applications",Marc Corliss, Christopher Lewis, Amir Roth ISCA'03
3. "iWatcher: Efficient Architectural Support For Software Debugging", Pin Zhou, Feng Qin, Wei Liu, Yuanyuan Zhou, Josep Torrellas, ISCA'04.
4. "BugNet: Continuously Recording Program Execution for Deterministic Replay Debugging", Satish Narayanasamy, Gilles Pokam, Brad Calder, ISCA'05.
5. "LIFT: A Low-Overhead Practical Information Flow Tracking System for Detecting Security Attacks",Feng Qin, Chen Wang, Zhenmin Li, Ho-seop Kim, Yuanyuan Zhou, Youfeng Wu, MICRO 2006
6. "Secure program execution via dynamic information flow tracking",G.E.Suh, J.W.Lee, D. Zhang, S. Devadas, ASPLOS 2004.
Memory Disambiguation (Sam)
1. "Memory Dependence Prediction using Store Sets",Chrysos and Emer, ISCA 1998.
2." Dynamic Speculation and Synchronization of Memory Dependences" , Moshovos, Breach, Vijaykumar and Sohi, ISCA 1997. Also as technical report, Computer Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison, March 1996.
3."Scalable Hardware Memory Disambiguation for High ILP Processors", Simha Sethumadhavan, Rajagopalan Desikan, Doug Burger,Charles R. Moore, Stephen W. Keckler, MICRO 2003.
4."Memory ordering: a value-based approach" ,Cain, H.W. Lipasti, M.H., ISCA 2004.