- Fiesler, C. and Bruckman, A. (2014) Remixers’ Understandings of Fair Use Online. In the Proceedings of the 2014 ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing. Baltimore, MD.
- Luther, K., Fiesler, C., and Bruckman, A. (2013) Redistributing Leadership in Online Creative Collaboration. In the Proceedings of the 2013 ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing. San Antonio, TX.[Best Paper Award]
- Dimond, J., Fiesler, C., DiSalvo, B., Pelc, J., and Bruckman, A. (2012) Qualitative Data Collection Technologies: A Comparison of Instant Messaging, Email, and Phone. In GROUP '12: Proceedings of the 17th ACM International Conference on Supporting Group Work. Sanibel Island, FL.
- Magerko, B. Fiesler, C., and Baumer, A. (2010) Fuzzy Micro-Agents for Interactive Narrative. In the Proceedings of the Sixth Annual AI and Interactive Digital Entertainment Conference, Palo Alto, CA.
- Fiesler, C., McLaughlin, A. C., Fisk, A. D., & Rogers, W. A. (2003) Conceptual versus
procedural feedback in the training of a home medical device. In Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 48th Annual Meeting. Denver, CO.
- Fiesler, C. (2014) Pretending Without a License: Intellectual Property and Gender Implications in Online Games, The Buffalo Intellectual Property Law Journal
- Fiesler, C. (2013) The Chilling Tale of Copyright in Online Creative Communities, XRDS: Crossroads, the ACM Magazine for Students, Vol. 19(4).
- Dimond, J., Fiesler, C., & Bruckman, A. (2011) Domestic Violence and Information Communication Technologies, Interacting with Computers.
- Fiesler, C. (2008). Everything I Need to Know I Learned From Fandom: How Existing Social Norms Can
Help Shape the Next Generation of User-Generated Content, The Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment
and Technology Law, Vol. 10, pp. 729. (10 Vand. J. Ent. & Tech. L. 729)
Posters & Workshop Papers
- Fiesler, C. and Bruckman, A. (2014) Copyright Terms in Online Creative Communities. CHI 2014. (Work-in-Progress)
- Fiesler, C. (2014) Copyright and Social Norms in Communities of Content Creation. CSCW 2014. (Doctoral Colloquium)
- Fiesler, C. and Bruckman, A. (2013) "Is This Okay?": Copyright Engagement Among Online Content Creators. Workshop on Social Media Question Answering at the 2013 Conference on Computer Cooperative Work and Social Computing. San Antonio, TX.
- Magerko, B., Fiesler, C., Baumer, A., and Fuller, D. (2010) Bottoms Up: Improvisational Micro-Agents. In the proceedings of the 3rd Workshop on Intelligent Narrative Technologies at the Foundations of Digital Games Conference, Monterey, CA.
- Bruckman, A. Luther, K., Fiesler, C. (Forthcoming). When Should We Use Real Names in Published Accounts of Internet Research? In Digital Research Confidential (E. Hargittai and C. Sandvig, editors). Cambridge: MIT Press.
- Is IT Good? Ethics for an Information Age. (2012). Georgia Tech Sparks Forum on Ethics and Engineering. Atlanta, GA.
- How Fandom Has Shaped Social Media Spaces. (2012). Ascendio. Orlando, FL: HPEF.
- Paper Dolls: Role-Playing, Gender, and Pretending Without A License. (2009). American Law School IP/Gender Symposium. Washington, D.C.: PIJIP.
- Imagined Identities: Harry Potter, Roleplaying, and Blogs. (2005). Witching Hour Symposium. Salem, MA: HPEF.
- It's Our World Too: Preventing the Victims of Virtual Rape, Cerise Magazine, Winter 2009.
- State of Fear: Fandom and Obscenity Law, Firefox News, Dec. 22, 2008.
- Harry Potter and the Doctrine of Fair Use, Firefox News, Sept. 22, 2008.