FAQ - Please consult before you contact me
- I want to do my PhD studies in Robotics at the College of
Computing, how do I enroll?
I would like to have some assistance to perform a project on
robotics. I am building a gadget X, could you please help me?
- GT/CoC has an annual call for new PhD students. See
application procedures for Georgia Institute of Technology.
You can find details here
We are a small company that would like to know how we do ...?
- Sorry, I do not have time to help people with different
kinds of projects. There are several mailing lists available
on the net, try them for assistance.
I would like to have a copy of your paper entitled "...".
I would you to write a letter of recommendation for me
- In general we do not offer free consulting services. The GTRI
might be a more suitable point of contact for consulting
assistance, but again it will not be free. Details are
available directly from GTRI
Why am I not getting an answer to my question on ...
- In general I do not write letters of recommendations for
people I do not know well. Even if you send me a CV I am not
in a good position to write an authoritative letter,
consequently I will not be able to write a letter unless I am
well acquainted with your work. I will in general not write an
unsolicited letter of recommendation.
I would like to do an summer internship with you.
- I receive 50+ unsolicited emails everyday. I am not able to
respond to all such letters. Sorry.
I would like to interview you regarding XX.
- Without a prior agreement and having met with you personally
I do not take on summer students. GT students are more than
welcome to stop by my office for a discussion of potential
projects. Unfortunately, I do not have funds to take on
students from outside of Georgia Tech.
I am taking one of your classes and I would like to suggest
- Press contacts are handled by the director of communications
Josie Giles- you may reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am always eager to learn and reflect on how thing can be
done or improved so please send me email. I promise to read
any such letters with great care. You are also most welcome to
stop by during my office hours.