The purpose of this documentation is to help you get started, comfortable with programming the nintendoDS environment.
devKitArm- that we have downloaded already has a helloWorld example. We are going to compile it, run it on the emulator and run it on the console (you can skip this step for now.)
Running it on the emulator
- The code is located at: C:\devKitPro\examples\nds\hello_world\source
- We use Programmers Notepad to compile this code. This is found at: C:\devKitPro\Programmers Notepad. Run the pn.exe file.
- Open the hellword project file and you modify the contents in the iprintf.
- That should be all. Make sure you have a C:\devKitPro\examples\nds\hello_world\hello_world.nds file.
Running it on the console (You can skip the rest of steps).
- Run the DeSmuME.exe
- Open; Open ROM ; select the C:\devKitPro\examples\nds\hello_world\hello_world.nds file that you just compiled.
You should see the following…
- Copy the C:\devKitPro\examples\nds\hello_world\hello_world.nds file that you just compiled to the microSD card. This is just like you copied the kernel files earlier.
- Select “Star wars lethal alliance..“
- Select the yellow face icon to the left.
- You should now see a hello_world.nds. Select it.
- This program can not be stopped. You need to switch off the console to exit it.