Part 1- Set up your PC
You can skip Part #2 if you are using an emulator.
Part 2- To Set up a Nintendo DS console
- Download the firmware from here so that programs can be executed in the Nintendo DS hardware. Our card is marked v1.4I - make sure you download the correct version.
- Extract the firmware.
- Copy the entire files (all the files under R4i.V1.34b English ) into a Micro SD card using a USB adapter, which is from a R4i (red) box.
- Put the Micro SD card into the nintendo DS adopter. Put the nintendo DS adopter into a nintendo DS
- Select "Start wars lethal alliance.."
- On the bottom screen you see either a yellow smily to the left tap or a "game" text box.
- Now, you should see the list of your programs.
This is a wonderful link to get started. You don't need to read/understand everything.
Here are some homebrew tutorials. But they seem to be out of date.