- K.A. Weaver and T. Starner. "We need to Communicate: Helping Hearing Parents of Deaf Children Learn American Sign Language," Proceedings of ASSETS 2011, Dundee, Scotland: ACM, 2011, pp. 91-98.
- K.A. Weaver , H. Yang, S. Zhai, & J. Pierce. "Understanding Information Preview in Mobile Email Processing," Proceedings of MobileHCI 2011, Stockholm, Sweden: ACM, 2011, pp. 303-312.
- K.A. Weaver, T. Starner, and H. Hamilton. "An Evaluation of Video
Intelligibility for Novice American Sign Language Learners on a Mobile Device,"
Proceedings of the 12th International ACM SIGACCESS
Conference on Computers and Accessibility (ASSETS 2010), Orlando, FL, 2010.
- K.A. Weaver, H. Hamilton, Z. Zafrulla, H. Brashear, T. Starner,
P. Presti, and A. Bruckman, "Improving the Language Ability of Deaf Signing
Children through an Interactive American Sign Language-Based Video Game,"
Proceedings of the 9th International Conference of the Learning Sciences (ICLS
2010), Chicago, IL, USA: 2010. [short paper]
- K.A. Weaver, H. Baumann, T. Starner, H. Iben, and M. Lawo, "An empirical task analysis of warehouse order
picking using head-mounted displays," Proceedings of the 28th international conference on Human factors in
computing systems (SIGCHI 2010), Atlanta, Georgia, USA: ACM, 2010, pp. 1695-1704.
- V. Henderson-Summet, K. Weaver, T.L. Westyn, and T.E. Starner, "American sign language vocabulary:
computer aided instruction for non-signers," Proceedings of the 10th International ACM SIGACCESS
Conference on Computers and Accessibility (ASSETS 2008), Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada: ACM, 2008, pp. 281-282.
- K. Weaver, "Design and evaluation of a perceptually adaptive rendering system for immersive
virtual reality environments," Master of Science in Human Computer Interaction Ames, IA: Iowa
State University, 2007. [M.S. thesis]
- K. Weaver and D. Parkhurst, "Perceptually Adaptive Rendering of Immersive Virtual Environments,"
in Proceedings of the 8th International Symposium on Smart Graphics, Kyoto Japan, 2007, pp. 224-229.
- K. Weaver, K. Waheed, and F. M. Salem, " An entropy based robust speech boundary detection
algorithm for realistic noisy environments," in Proceedings of the International Joint Conference
on Neural Networks (IJCNN 2003), Portland, OR, 2003, pp. 680-685. [short paper]
- K. Waheed, K. Weaver, and F. M. Salam, " A robust algorithm for detecting speech segments
using an entropic contrast," in Proceedings of the 45th Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS 2002), Tulsa, OK,
2002, pp. 328-331. [short paper]