Dr. Mani Subramanian has over forty years of telecommunications experience in academic, research, and corporate institutions. Mani is currently an Adjunct Professor at Georgia Institute of Technology and an Adjunct Professor at Indian Institute of Technology Madras. Mani is also Director and Chairman of the Board of NMSWorks.
Mani had been on the faculty of Georgia Institute of Technology and Purdue University and in 2010 completed a five-year term as Analog Devices Chair Professor at Indian Institute of Technology. He is the author of Network Management: Principles and Practice, the widely used textbook in over fifteen countries. It has been translated into Chinese and was adopted as the recommended textbook for higher education in China.
Mani's industrial experience includes research and development in voice and data communications in software and hardware systems. He has done research and development at AT&T Bell Laboratories and Bell Communications Research, held positions as Vice President of Engineering and Operations in various diversified corporations including Racal Datacom. He was elected to the Board of the OSI Network Management Forum in 1990 and, as its Technical Director, was responsible for the development of the first version of OSI Network Management Protocol Specifications. Mani is the founder of two companies involved in broadband access technologies. ChanneLogics, founded by Mani, was acquired by Scientific Atlanta in 2002. He has the expertise in turning the tide around favorably in several companies in the United States and recently NMSWorks in India.
Mani's diversified experience includes consulting in the field of telecommunications, networking, and network management; research projects in broadband communication systems; and appearing as an expert witness in several court cases.
Mani has numerous publications, several U.S. and international patents in the fields of communications, lasers, networking, network management, and software systems and an Indian patent applied for (2009) on Optical Transmission Network Management System.
Mani received Bellcore's Best award for leading a major software operations system development and implementation that forms the backbone of operations in all Bell Operating Companies in the United States and in telephone companies in several foreign countries.
- Adjunct Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India
- Director and Chairman of the Board, NMSWorks Software Pvt. Ltd., Chennai, India
- Director, D2M Solutions, New Jersey
- Network Management
- Broadband Communications: Cable, DSL, and Wireless
Publications and Internet Tutorials:
- Papers and Conference Presentations: Lasers, Communication Systems, Network Management, and Broadband Networking and Services
- Textbook on Network Management
- Chapters on Network Management in Telecommunications Books
- Tutorials on Network Management, Wireless Networks, and Home Networking
- Taught courses in Quantum Electronics, Microwaves, Networks, Network Management, and Broadband Communication Systems
- Guided theses of M.S. and Ph.D. students at Purdue, Georgia Inst. of Technology, and Indian Inst. of Technology
Patents:U.S. and international patents in the fields of:
- Network Management
- Software Systems