I am an assistant professor in the School of Computer Science at the Georgia Institute of Technology. My research interests are in the design, analysis, and implementation of efficient algorithms. I'm involved in the Algorithms and Randomness Center and the Algorithms, Combinatorics, and Optimization program.
Prior to coming to Georgia Tech, I received my PhD in Computer Science at CMU, and was an Instructor in Applied Mathematics at MIT for two years. My thesis, Algorithm Design Using Spectral Graph Theory, won the 2012/2013 CMU SCS Dissertation Award.
- Mar 30, 2017: Talk "High Performance Solvers for Linear Systems in Graph Laplacians" at NSF Algorithms in the Field PI meeting.
- Feb 27, 2017: Talk "High Performance Solvers for Linear Systems in Graph Laplacians" at CSE 2017.
- Feb 8, 2017: Paper "Almost-Linear-Time Algorithms for Markov Chains and New Spectral Primitives for Directed Graphs" accepted to STOC 2017.
- Jan 18, 2017: Talk "Resparsification of Graphs" at SODA 2017.
- Nov 17, 2016: Talk "Almost-Linear-Time Algorithms for Markov Chains and New Spectral Primitives for Directed Graphs" at Duke University Algorithms Seminar.
- Oct 21, 2016: Talk "Directed Spectral Sparsification and Laplacian Solvers in Almost Linear Time" at UT Austin CS Theory Seminar.
- Oct 12, 2016: Paper "An Empirical Study of Cycle Toggling Based Laplacian Solvers" presented by Kevin Deweese at CSC 2016.
- Oct 12, 2016. Paper "Faster Algorithms for Computing the Stationary Distribution, Simulating Random Walks, and More" presented by Adrian Vladu at FOCS 2016.
- Oct 11, 2016. Paper "On Fully Dynamic Graph Sparisifers" presented by David Durfee at FOCS 2016.
- Oct 5, 2016: Paper "A Framework for Analyzing Resparsification Algorithms" accepted to SODA 2017.
- Sep 26, 2016: Talk "Parallel Graph Algorithms" at 5th Workshop on Advances in Distributed Graph Algorithms.
- Aug 13, 2016: Participated in the problem setting committee (ISC) of IOI 2016, a high school programming contest with over 80 countries participating.
- Aug 8, 2016: Attending the second New Computing Faculty Workshop at UCSD.
- Aug 3, 2016: Talk "Algorithm Frameworks Based on Adaptive Sampling" at Banff International Research Station Workshop on Algebraic and Spectral Graph Theory.
- July 26, 2016: Talk "Lp Row Sampling by Lewis Weights" at NII Shonan Meeting on Recent Advances in Randomized Numerical Linear Algebra.
- July 5, 2016: Talk "Algorithm Frameworks Based on Adaptive Sampling" at PCMI Summer Session 2016.
- July 4, 2016. Paper Faster Algorithms for Computing the Stationary Distribution, Simulating Random Walks, and More accepted to FOCS 2016.
- July 4, 2016. Paper On Fully Dynamic Graph Sparisifers accepted to FOCS 2016.
- June 30, 2016: Attending the PCMI Summer Session 2016, The Mathematics of Data.
- June 18, 2016: Talk "Algorithm Frameworks Based on Adaptive Sampling" at Shanghai Theory Day 2016.
- June 8, 2016: Talk "Sparsified Matrix Algorithms for Graph Laplacians" in the ITCS seminar at SHUFE.
- May 30, 2016: Visiting the Institute for Theoretical Computer Science at Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (SHUFE) until June 30, 2016.
- May 25, 2016: Helped with the USA Computing Olympiad, a program that exposes high school students to advanced topics in algorithms.