Project 3: Communication in a simulated soccer team
- Due: 1 October
- Overview of the project:
When is communication necessary? One situation
where communication might be useful is the
case where robots have a limited field of view.
By communicating, the robots can effectively extend
their knowledge of the environment.
In this project we will add the capability for
the robots to communicate and experiment with
this on robots with limited range sensing.
- What you need to do for this project:
- Modify the team from your last project to
utilize communication in a limited sensor
- Evaluate your communicating team in one of two
In both cases, run several trials with
different random number seeds.
And run both of your with the "new" limited
Opponent robot teams (that you didn't write)
should not have the limited sensing.
- Run your team from last project (with limited
sensing) against your new team and log the results.
- Run both of your teams against the same
opponent and compare the differential results.
- For your report: describe your new team, evaluate
its performance -- explain the performance
(i.e. why is your new team better or worse
than before). Also provide the quantitative
- Give me a HARDCOPY description of your team.
- Send the source code to me by email (email@example.com).
Note: please prepend "project3:" to the subject
of your email message. This
will help me sort files into the right folder.
- Your grade will be determined, in order of significance, by:
- The creativity of your solution.
- Your analysis of of the results.