Before coming here, I graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC) with an MS degree in Computer Science in May, 2008 and with a B.Tech degree from the Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT M), India in July 2006.
Interests: Resource management in distributed systems and virtualized environment
System-level Mechanisms for Managing Heterogeneous Platform Components
Resource abstractions and techniques for easier adoption and application-aware efficient management of heterogeneous processors and memory components.
Software-Controlled Transparent Management of Heterogeneous Memory Resources in Virtualized Systems
Min Lee, Vishal Gupta, and Karsten Schwan. Workshop on Memory System Performance and Correctness (MSPC), Seattle, WA, USA, June 2013 [pdf]
Brawny vs. Wimpy: Evaluation and Analysis of Modern Workloads on Heterogeneous Processors
Vishal Gupta and Karsten Schwan. IEEE Heterogeneity in Computing Workshop (HCW) , Boston, MA, USA, May 2013 [pdf]
- HeteroMates: Providing high dynamic power range on client devices using heterogeneous core groups
Vishal Gupta, Paul Brett, David Koufaty, Dheeraj Reddy, Scott Hahn, Karsten Schwan, and Ganapati Srinivasa. IEEE International Green Computing Conference, (IGCC), 2012 [pdf]
- The Forgotten 'Uncore': On the Energy-efficiency of Heterogeneous Cores
Vishal Gupta, Paul Brett, David Koufaty, Dheeraj Reddy, Scott Hahn, Karsten Schwan, and Ganapati Srinivasa. USENIX ATC 2012 Short Paper [pdf]
- An Analysis of Power Reduction in Datacenters using Heterogeneous Chip Multiprocessors
Vishal Gupta, Ripal Nathuji, and Karsten Schwan ACM GreenMetrics 2011, San Jose, CA [pdf]
Reprinted in ACM SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation Review (PER), Volume 39 Issue 3, December 2011
- Analyzing Performance Asymmetric Multicore Processors for Latency Sensitive Datacenter Applications
Vishal Gupta, Ripal Nathuji, Usenix HotPower 2010, Vancouver, Canada [pdf]
PersonalI like to read, cook, and listen to music in my leisure time.
Some useful applications:
- Multi-platform file synchronizer: Dropbox
- Bibliography Manager: Mendeley
- Python library for graphs: Matplotlib
- Vector Graphics: Inkscape
ContactThe easiest and the fastest way to reach me is to e-mail me.
#3206 (CERCS Lab)
Klaus Advanced Computing Building
Georgia Institute of Technology
Email: firstname AT cc DOT gatech DOT edu