College of Computing Diversity Advisory Board
The CoC Diversity Advisory Board Meeting was held November 13, 2003
at Georgia Tech's Square. After a warm welcome from GT President, Dr.
Wayne Clough and CoC Dean, Dr. Rich DeMillo, the Diversity Board members,
faculty, students and staff participated in working groups throughout
the day focusing on recruitment and retention of women in computing.
Attendees also enjoyed a luncheon with Keynote Speaker: Dr.
Joann McGrath Cohoon, an NSF/CRA researcher from the University
of Virginia, who presented "The Role of Faculty in Retention of
Women in Computing."
2003-2004 CoC Diversity Advisory Board Members include:
- Joann McGrath Cohoon - University of Virginia - NSF/CRA researcher with specialization on recruitment and retention of women in computing
- Allan Fisher - Carnegie Mellon University, co-author of Unlocking the Clubhouse
- Susanne Hambrusch - CS Chair, Purdue Univeristy
- Mary Jean Harrold - CoC, Professor/Co-chair, CRA-W
- Ingrid Hayes - Director of Admissions, GT
- Jimmy Hogg - Ga Dept. of Education, Director of Technology/Career Education Division
- John Hurley - Chair, Coalition to Diversify Computing; Boeing
- Bev Kitaoka - Group Senior Vice President, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
- Sue Rosser - GT Dean, Ivan Allen College