- Canonical Correlations and Applications. (1993-1996, NSF)
- Eigenvalue Problems for Large Matrices: Parallel Algorithms
and Inner-Outer Iterations. (1996-1999, NSF)
- Large-Scale Matrix Computation Issues in Information Retrieval and
Data Mining. (1999-2002, NSF)
- Identifiying the Structural Building Blocks of the Protein Universe
(2002-2004, NASA), PI: Liang, co-PI: Zha
- Collaborative Research: Sufficient Di
mension Reduction for High Dimensional Data
with Applications in Bioinformatics (2004-2007, NSF), PIs: Cook & Li, co-PIs: Zha & Chiaromonte
- Development of Quantitative Analysis Tools for Mapping Cellular Signaling Pathways.
(2004-2006, Tobacco Formula Funded Health Research),
PI: Dong, co-PIs: Zha & Antonetti
- Manifold Learning from Unorganized Hig
h-dimensional Points. (2003-2006, NSF)
- Matrix Algorithms for Data Clustering
. (2003-2006, NSF)
- CAMLET: A Combined Ab-initio Manif
old Learning Toolbox for Nanostructure Simulations, (2004-2007, NSF), PI: Zha, co-PIs: Du, Li & Sofo
- Computational Methods for Nonlinear Dimension Reduction (2007-2010, NSF), PI: Zha, co-PI: Park
- Optimal Cross Parameterizations of Surfaces: Computational Methods and Scientific Applications (2007-2010, NSF), PI: Jiao, co-PI: Zha
- Robust Knowledge Acquisition from Social Media. (2009-2010, HP), PIs: Zha and Agichtein.
- User-Centered Multi-Modal Information Retrieval. (2009-2010, NSF China), PIs: Zha and Yang.
- Content Recommendation through Joint Matrix/Tensor Factorization, Yahoo! Faculty Research and Engagement Grant, 2010-2011.
- A Structured Learning Framework for Learning to Rank in Web Search. (2008-2011, Microsoft)
- When Social Meets Mobile: Geographical User Behavior Modeling and Recommendation, Yahoo! Faculty Research and Engagement Grant, 2011-2012.
Cost Effective Diagnosis for Pediatric Cardiac Disease: A Machine Learning and
Data Mining Approach (2011-2012, Georgia Tech-Children's Hospital Healthcare of Atlanta Pilot Grant,
PI: H. Zha, co-PIs: P. Frias,
M. Braunstein, H. Park and A. Gray)
- Learning Evaluation Metrics for Information Retrieval (2010-2013, NSF).
- Exploring Social and Behavioral Contexts for Information Retrieval (2011-2014, NSF).
- Cross-Domain and Multi-model User Group Behavior
Modeling for Search and Recommendation (2011-2015, NSFC), PIs: H. Zha and X. Yang
- Fast Algorithms on Imperfect, heterogeneous, distributed data for interactive analysis (2013-2017, DARPA), PI: Richard Fujimoto, 5 co-PIs
- Interactive Generative Manifold Learning (2012-2013, ObjectVideo)