The Nicole Project Home Page
The Nicole Project
The Nicole Project is about the science of building artificial people. The metaphor for this project is
the design and creation of a human-level artificial intelligence, Nicole, but the actual goal of this project is
slightly more subtle: to specify a theory of agency which will be sufficient to allow us to build an intelligent agent.
The Nicole Project, therefore, has several missions:
The Nicole Project is currently a collection of systems and theories being developed by the faculty and students
associated with Dr. Ashwin Ram's
IGOR Group and with
Anthony G. Francis, Jr.'s
- Specify the characteristics of the real world;
- Specify desired properties for agents operating in the world;
- Specify a theory of how an agent could be built to meet those properties;
- Develop tools and systems to test that theory;
- Combine and apply those tools to develop a series of useful, intelligent agents.
Additional information about the Nicole Project is also available in the following areas:
Direct academic correspondence to:
Anthony G. Francis, Jr.
AI / Cognitive-Science Group
College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0280
Phone: (404) 853-9381, (404) 853-9372 fax
For more information, try `finger'
or contact me directly via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Modified: August 10, 1995 by Anthony Francis (email@example.com)