B.S./M.S. in Computer Science
Each year, a limited number of highly-qualified students can enroll in our joint B.S./M.S. in Computer Science program. This joint-degree program not only reduces the time to an M.S. degree, but also the cost.
- The applicant must have earned 60 credits and have a minimum GPA of 3.4.
- The applicant must apply before the semester in which they are planning to graduate from the B.S. program. Students should ideally apply their junior year, and no later than the first term of their senior year.
- Please be aware that a personal statement of purpose is part of the online application.
- Applications to the B.S./M.S. program are due prior to the withdrawal deadline of the semester before the student wishes to take their first graduate course. Applications for spring are due by the drop day of the fall semester; applications for fall are due by the drop day of the spring term. The application deadline for Fall 2021 is March 17, 2021 at 11:59PM EST.
- Note: This deadline only applies to B.S./M.S. program applications.
B.S./M.S. Program of Study Requirements:
- The student agrees to maintain full-time student status until completion of the M.S. program.
- The student must meet all existing MSCS degree requirements (e.g., minimum 3.0 GPA to graduate).
- Complete the BSMS Program Application (GT Credentials required to login.)
- The applicant must request TWO letters of recommendation. One MUST be from a Georgia Tech College of Computing faculty member which attests to the applicant’s potential to do graduate work. The second letter can be from ANY Georgia Tech faculty member.
- NOTE: Recommendations are submitted online. Send this link to your two recommending faculty members via email: https://gatech.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6V87MadmdeA4bWK
- Applicants need not submit GRE scores if they meet the requirements above.
B.S./M.S. Frequently Asked Questions
Spring 2021 BSMS Info Session Recording
Note on enrollment in graduate classes:
- Even after acceptance into the B.S./M.S. program, undergraduates must work with their undergraduate advisor to get the appropriate waiver to enroll in graduate classes.
- Undergraduate students must work with their undergraduate advisor for the BSCS portion of their program and graduate advisors for the MSCS portion of their program.
Learn more about our M.S. C.S. program.