Dear GT Computing colleagues,
As always, there are lots of things going on, but today I would like share some good news, starting with my favorite kind of good news to share.
I am absolutely pleased to announce that we have six colleagues who have recently completed the Promotion and Tenure process:
- Jake Abernethy (School of CS) has been promoted to Associate Professor and granted tenure
- Munmun DeChoudhury (School of IC) has been promoted to Associate Professor and granted tenure
- Alex Endert (School of IC) has been promoted to Associate Professor and granted tenure
- Lauren Wilcox (School of IC) has been promoted to Associate Professor and granted tenure
- Hyesoon Kim (School of CS) has been promoted to Professor
- Santosh Pande (School of CS) has been promoted to Professor
Please join me in congratulating each of them. We are proud of their accomplishments and their contributions to our community, and I am sure we are all happy to be able to recognize them formally.
These accomplishments are entirely theirs, but I would remiss if I did not also thank the faculty across the College for their participation in the process at all levels. As you know, RPT is one of the most important things we do together, and I believe we can feel good for our successful efforts in making sure that the process is fair, rigorous, and thoughtful.
In another piece of good news, Georgia Tech has been chosen to host a COVID-19 rapid-mobile testing site. This is an example of a case where staff and faculty are helping the public by staying home. The fact that we’re off-campus and out of the way allows for the creation of a safe, controlled testing space.
Finally, on a more operational note—but still good news I’m going to say—the Institute has created a short survey that instructors can use to get some feedback on the remote learning experience. You can find instructions and a link to the form on the Institute’s Collecting Course Feedback page. A link to that page is being added to our business continuity site as well, which we continue to update as needed.
Charles L. Isbell, Jr.
John P. Imlay, Jr. Dean
College of Computing
EA: Alicia Richhart, email@example.com, 404-894-8357
Don't just adopt opinions, develop them