- Here is a detailed
document describing our project goals.
- Empower professors by providing software
tools for use with electronic chalkboards.
- Allow professors to fully use our software tools with minimal effort
and minimal change to their current routine.
- Empower students by providing software
tools for use both during classes and
during study. Although not required, we assume each student has a
computer in the classroom.
- Develop technology to support real time group interaction during classes:
voting, consensus, group controlled throttle, etc.
- Develop technology to support better recording of group activity.
- Support long-term learning and not just memorization for
regurgitation on an exam
- traditional lectures: electronic blackboards and notebooks,
- student questions and discussion: student has ability to use private
display to drive group display,
- small group interactions: students can share displays, and
- individual work: students can do back of the envelope calculations
using spread sheets, mathematica, matlab, etc. during lectures or
discussions to explore points.