[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: IBM Thinkpad 360PE support for Win95?

In article <4b4i02$kpj@tera.mcom.com>, dmose@pferdle.mcom.com (Dan Mosedale) writes:
|>After spending a bunch of time of the weekend grovelling around with
|>various search engines and coming up empty-handed, I've got a question
|>for the world at large: does anyone have any information about whether
|>IBM has or will be releasing Win95 Pen drivers for the 360PE?
|>
|>Thanks,
|>--
|>Dan Mosedale                               Systems Exorcist
|>dmose@netscape.com                         Netscape Communications Corp.

On of our professors bought a Thinkpad 360PE, his third Thinkpad, just before
Windows 95 came out.  He bought it to be able to use some multimedia
applications that he is developing while lecturing.  He planned to use the
pen to annotate slides and use the computer as a whiteboard.  The lecture
halls in our new building allow computer screens to be projected for the entire
class to see, but the screens cover the standard whiteboards.

He has not been able to get any pen drivers from IBM.  They seem to blame
Microsoft, but he also points out that the sound doesn't seem to work properly
on the 360 PE while running Windows 95.  It does work under Windows 3.1.

He says that he'd be happy with a driver that makes the pen function only as
a mouse.  No sign of that either.

The 360PE is a very nice laptop.  It may be the last Thinkpad that he purchases.

Bill Patterson (wpatterson@asap.bus.wisc.edu)