Change of Major Policies and Eligibility for Undergraduate Students:
All students must attend a mandatory Change of Major meeting to declare Computational Media as a major.
1. We are only accepting double majors/dual degrees after students have completed the requirements of their primary major and have applied to graduate using the Online Application for Graduation (OAG).
2. Students must be in good academic standing, meaning cannot be on Academic Warning, Probation, or Dismissal.
3. It is recommended that ALL students complete an Introduction to Computing course (CS1301/1315/1371) with a grade of “C” or higher. It is REQUIRED for sophomores-seniors changing majors into CM.
4. Transfer students must complete at least one semester at Tech and be in good Academic Standing before changing into Computational Media.
5. Students are welcome to attend the Change of Major meeting for informational purposes.
Change of Major Meetings:
- Tuesday, January 23rd, 11am-12pm, Klaus 1212
- Tuesday, February 27th, 11am-12pm, Klaus 1212
- Tuesday, March 27th, 11am-12pm, Klaus 1212
- Tuesday, April 24th, 11am-12pm, Klaus 1212
Directions for Changing your Major:
1. Print the Change of Major form available on the Registrar’s website and complete the top portion.
2. Meet with your current advisor to have him/her sign the form.
3. Sign up for a Change of Major meeting below.
4. Bring your signed Change of Major form to your Change of Major meeting.
Directions for Declaring a Secondary Major/Dual Degree:
1. Complete the requirements of your primary major.
2. Complete the Online Application for Graduation (OAG).
3. Complete the Change of Major form available on the Registrar’s website.
4. Meet with your primary major advisor to have him/her sign the form.
5. Sign up for a Change of Major meeting below.
6. Bring your signed Change of Major form to the Change of Major meeting.