Online Services Subscribed To
- Overall, 39.0% of all users do not subscribe to an online service, with
Prodigy (37.0%), America Online (30.0%), and Compuserve (21.1%) being the
most dominant subscribe online services.
- European subscribe mainly to either no services (65.6%) or services not
listed as part of the question (23.8%).
- For the US respondents, Delphi (2.2%), Genie (1.5%) and Pipeline (0.6%)
are the least cited subscribed online services.
- Not surprisingly, nearly all Prodigy respondents subscribe to Prodigy.
The fact that this percentage is not 100% indicates that some users may have
filled out the survey via Prodigy, but do not subscribe (the "over the
shoulder respondents"). See
Graphs, for more supporting evidence for this phenomenon.
- Women are more likely than men to subscribe to Prodigy (36.7% female vs
29.0% male) and America Online (27.4% female vs 24.0% male). For the other
online services, there were no statistically significant differences in the
response profile with respect to gender.
Table of Data for All Categories
For more information or to submit comments:
send e-mail to email@example.com.
GVU's WWW Surveying Team
Graphics, Visualization, & Usability Center
College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280