Types and Regularity of Information Accessed
- For this question, users were asked to rate each category based on how
frequently they access this type of information.
- The category with the highest regular usage score is "Replace Other
Browsers" (6.685) which means using a web browser to access FTP, Gopher,
WAIS, etc. databases.
- Other types of information frequently accessed are: reference information
(6.215), electronic news (5.716) and product information (5.115).
- The least frequently accessed is shopping (2.588).
- Prodigy users access all categories less regularly than overall users
except for shopping (2.835 vs. 2.588) and newsgroups (3.542 vs. 3.303).
- Females access newsgroups (3.508) and reference information (6.879)
slightly more regularly than males. Females also use web browsers to replace
other browsers more regularly than males (6.879 vs. 6.65).
Table of Data for All Categories
For more information or to submit comments:
send e-mail to email@example.com.
GVU's WWW Surveying Team
Graphics, Visualization, & Usability Center
College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280