Preferences Towards Page Types
- For this question, users were asked to classify themselves as one
of the following: search oriented (likes to use querys and keyword searches),
textually oriented (likes textual presentations), or visually oriented (likes
- The largest group classified themselves as visually oriented (46.06%).
Next was textually oriented (29.77%) followed by search oriented (24.17%).
- Many more users in the US classified themselves as visually oriented
than did users in Europe (47.22% for US vs. 37.5% for Europe.)
- The percentage of textually oriented users was slightly higher among
Prodigy users (2.22% higher).
- Only 38.16% of females (compared to 47.41% of males) classify themselves
as visually oriented.
Table of Data for All Categories
For more information or to submit comments:
send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GVU's WWW Surveying Team
Graphics, Visualization, & Usability Center
College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280