Online Services Subscribed To
- Overall, 47.7% of all users do not subscribe to an online service, with
'Other' (25.3%), America Online (17.3%), and Compuserve (15.3.1%) being the
most dominant subscribe online services.
- European subscribe mainly to either no services (54.5%) or services not
listed as part of the question (29.8%). Of the other online services offered,
the only providers receiving notable European responses were Compuserv
(15.3%) and Microsoft Network (6.0%).
- For the US respondents, Delphi (0.9%), Genie (0.6%) and Pipeline (0.8%)
were the least cited subscribed online services.
- Not surprisingly, more Weekday users do not subscribe to online services
than Weekend (48.5% Weekdays 22.4% Weekend). The increased usage by
Weekend users is spread across the online service providers of
'Other' (27.2%), America Online (18.4%), Compuserv (16.6%), Prodigy
(27%.2), Netcom (7.1%), and Microsoft Network (6.3%).
By Access Time
- Overall, there are not large differences between women and men with
respect to the online services subscriptions.
Table of Data for All Categories
For more information or to submit comments:
send e-mail to email@example.com.
GVU's WWW Surveying Team
Graphics, Visualization, & Usability Center
College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280