Number of Hours Browser Used Per Week
- The largest category of users spends 10 to 20 hours a week using their browsers (26.56).
The next largest category spends 4 to 6 hours (22.34%).
- In the Third survey, 50.0% of users spent only 2 to 6 hours per week using
their browsers indicating that on the average, users are spending more hours
per week than they did previously.
- Users in Europe spend slightly less time using their browsers than users
in the US, which is the reverse of the Third survey. 65.83% of European
users spend 6 hours or less per week compared to only 59.44% of US users.
- There were no significant differences between Weekend and Weekday users.
By Access Time
- Females reported spending fewer hours per week on the Web than males. 16.26% of males vs. 29.18% of females reported spending less than 4 hours per week.
Table of Data for All Categories
For more information or to submit comments:
send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GVU's WWW Surveying Team
Graphics, Visualization, & Usability Center
College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280