The Digital Center of Expertise (DCoE) was established in Upstream Technology to pool technical expertise from across the company to harness the potential of digital technologies leveraging data and analytics and business transformation/change management.
The processes and decisions related to oil and natural gas exploration, development and production generate large volumes of data. Integration, mining and manipulation of data produced in the Upstream offers the potential to unlock significant value that could help to reduce costs, mitigate risk and improve operational efficiencies. Big data and analytics are essential to enable BP to deliver its goal to digitize, modernize and transform the Upstream segment.
• Work in an Agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientist, engineers, and data managers of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods in the development and deployment of applied, predictive and prescriptive analytics
• Use statistical concepts such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian methods, clustering, etc to analyze data and provide insights
• Able to solve complex problems and think critically
• Test and validate technical functionality prior to end-user release
• Liaise and clearly communicate with end-users to understand business needs and provide the appropriate analytical solution
• 3.2 Cumulative GPA or higher
• BP will not support US Immigration sponsorship for full-time or long-term employment
• Pursuing a bachelor’s degree, in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Quantitative Analytics, Statistics or other closely related discipline
• Graduating in December 2017 – August 2018
• Must be available for a continuous 12-week period for duration of internship