SintecMedia sits squarely at the crossroads of two exciting industry segments -- technology and media. We are the preferred business software partner for over 100 of the world’s top media brands, and no other software company brings a comparable depth of experience to create truly innovative software that performs across all platforms, revenue models, and business units. SintecMedia has been part of the television industry for more than 15 years, and is constantly seeking to improve our solutions for our customers so that we can help them run their business. Since 2000, we have grown to over 1000 employees in 11 offices around the world, processing more than $33 billion in advertising dollars for the best known companies in the industry. SintecMedia is proud to play a pivotal role in the way advertising is bought, sold and managed in the television industry.
Software developers at SintecMedia complement the efforts of a richly-talented Research & Development department, working on software products for the media industry. This position collaborates with various positions across the company to ensure delivery of quality software that meets the business needs of clients. The responsibilities of this position include the design, development, testing and implementation of components related to the SIMS product, using object-oriented concepts and 3-tier design.
• Designing and developing both multi-tier, web-based solutions using .NET technologies and solutions in a client server architecture using PowerBuilder;
• Working within in a team of developers, analysts and testers to integrate solutions into a larger software system infrastructure;
• Follow Agile-inspired methodologies, coding guidelines and best practices;
• Document code written and update task lists accordingly using the SDLC tools provided;
• Extract and provide input on lessons learned for continuous process improvement.
Desired qualifications for this position include:
• 3-5 years of delivering successful web applications through the full development lifecycle
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience in object-oriented analysis, design and programming
• Experience with relational database design theory and SQL query languages
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience in developing enterprise, and scalable, web applications with the ability to work within a self-directed environment
• Experience with scrum-based Agile software development best practices such as source code management, prototyping and automated unit testing
• Team player, able to collaborate with others in the work environment and customers
• Familiarity with media and television industry or finance/accounting practices a plus