As a JAAMS System Engineer, you will provide development efforts around JAAMS technology stack for the US Perso Centers – currently Atlanta, Jacksonville and Rhode Island. You will also work collaboratively in a fast-paced business environment and support products that will secure the digital lives of millions of people.
A week in the life of a JAAMS System Engineer:
• Provide software requirements and design documents for software engineering projects.
• Provide architecture design documents around tools and technologies within scope.
• Develop programs and components using best practices and methodologies.
• Provide testing plans and validation plans against development efforts.
• Provide software install packages and documentation around install packages for integration teams to install in target environments.
• Assist and direct junior level developers.
• Provide timelines and schedules around scoped development efforts.
• Provide level 1, 2, and 3 support to for external units as it pertains to issues with JAAMS core software components.
• Utilize source control system to manage changes and releases.
• Work with end-users to detect system issues and scope change requests around those issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• To succeed at this job, you must be: fully computer literate with good knowledge of Windows Server environments and a mid-to advanced level of understanding of RDBMS systems and programming concepts as it relates to SQL/TSQL.
• You must understand: queue based systems and concepts (Microsoft Message Queue), and how to develop windows server based components.
• It would be preferred: if you have an understanding and experience with secure development techniques as it relates to data privacy and security.
• You must be fluent in English.
• We would like someone to join our team who has strong, written and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels. We would also like someone who has good coordination skills and who is skilled at incident assessment. The ideal candidate would also have flexibility to work on shifts – potentially including nights and weekends.
• You must have a degree in Information Systems or related fields. You must also have a full understanding of SCRUM concepts and techniques.
• We are looking for someone with a minimum of 6 years working in a technical role related to application development.