• Degrees or formal training in Computer Science. Master’s Degree and/or professional or practical experience in a relevant field preferred
• Two years of Upper School teaching experience and a background in integrated studies preferred but not required
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Teach sections of Computer Science. Based on qualifications, candidates may be asked teach additional sections of another science.
• Co-teach a 3-week immersive, interdisciplinary class during Jan Term
• Work directly with 18 other Upper School Science teachers as part of a Science PLC
• Advise students as part of the Upper School Advisory Program
• Contribute to the larger school community through coaching or sponsoring other extracurricular programs. Depending on candidate expertise, responsibilities may include robotics, Science Olympiad, or other relevant extracurriculars.
In addition to experience and a strong educational background, successful candidates demonstrate a love of working with children, an engaging teaching style, the ability to interact well with parents and colleagues, and a willingness to create and promote an inclusive learning environment.